Saturday, 12 October 2013

Assignment 1


This past Tuesday, the first assignment for CSC148 was due. I had a pretty hectic week last week, so I did not start the assignment until Saturday evening. This was a huge mistake. I did not realize how much time the assignment would take, and I got stuck on Step 3. Step 1 of the assignment took me much longer than I expected it to, but I found Step 2 to be very simple. When I got to Step 3, that’s when most of my problems began. I was confused as to what each function actually did, which made writing them quite difficult. It was hard to implement each function since all I could figure out about what each one did was from how they were used in ManualController.py. I had particular trouble with the move function and how to implement it. I was able to write some code for each function, but when I tested out my code by running ManualController.py, nothing but a blank blue window popped up.

I hope I submitted enough work for the assignment, even though I didn’t get past Step 3. Now I know that I need to give myself more than a few days for an assignment and I need to go to office hours when I get stuck on a particular section of the homework. I hope the second assignment goes much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment